Want to be in the know? Sign up for our project updates newslettersubscribe
Murray Bridge Racing Club

History

Murray Bridge Racing Club was established in 1899, and held its first race meeting at its current location on Maurice Road on July 25th 1914 . The Murray Bridge Racecourse is situated within 3 kms of the luscious banks of the Murray River.

Management

The Club's objectives are to promote and further develop thoroughbred horse racing, particularly within the Murraylands region, both as a competitive sport and as a family-oriented recreation activity.

The Club's board of management consists of ten member-elected Committee representatives. The Club also employs a full-time Manager, Curator and various grounds and office support staff.

The Club relies on its supporters' membership, the operation of the thoroughbred training complex (which operates at the racecourse six days per week), race meeting revenue (with 19 race meetings per annum) and industry and corporate sponsorship to fund the general administration, on-course developments, off-course activities and projects of the Club.

Community

Murray Bridge Racing Club also plays host to the Rotary Country Markets, Carols by Candlelight, The Australian Childhood Foundation, Variety Club Bash, Diabetes SA, Aged Health Care Trade Show, Aboriginal Health Fair and many other community events and functions, in addition to business trade shows and demonstrations.

Murray Bridge Racing Club supports local community, business and community groups, and are members of the Murraylands Regional Tourism Association and Murray Bridge Business & Tourism Association. The Club is also one of the largest not-for-profit employers within the region and contributes significantly to the local economy.

Contact
 Club Secretary
Mr John Buhagiar
Phone: (08) 8532 2310
Mobile: 0418 858 690
Email: jbuhagiar@racingmurraybridge.com
Murray Bridge Racing Club